Social artists use their skills to facilitate the creation of projects intended for social inquiry and public engagement with the humanities. ITA provides creative services using the performing arts in tandem with the charitable, educational or collective goals of a partnering institution or organization.
Examples of collaborations
• Working with Burlington City Arts to design a kids zone for Burlington’s Festival of Fools
• Partnering with the visual art department at Bonarroo Music Festival to direct parades, interventions and stage shows
• Performing educational theater shorts to augment Shelburne Museum‘s circus collection during the annual event Circuspalooza
• Partnering with BOLDbirthVT to benefit Vermont Birth Network by adapting and directing BIRTH: A Play
• Collaborating with Porter Music Box Museum to create a music box themed theatrical production