Socially-engaged artists use their skills to facilitate the creation of projects intended for social inquiry and community engagement. ITA provides creative services using the performing arts in tandem with the charitable, educational or cultural values of a partnering institution or organization.
• Working with Burlington City Arts to design a kids zone for Burlington’s Festival of Fools
• Partnering with the visual art department at Bonnaroo Music Festival to coordinate parades, immersive experiences, and combining theater companies for stage shows
• Performing educational theater shorts related to Shelburne Museum‘s circus collection during the annual event Circuspalooza
• Partnering with BOLDbirthVT to benefit Vermont Birth Network by staging BIRTH, a participatory play mixing doctors, nurses, midwives and performing artists
• Teaming with Porter Music Box Museum to devise a music box scored theatrical production that included a life-size music box installation