Social artists use their skills to facilitate the creation of projects intended for social inquiry and public engagement. ITA provides creative services using the performing arts in tandem with the charitable, educational or collective goals of a partnering institution or organization.
• Working with Burlington City Arts to design a kids zone for Burlington’s Festival of Fools
• Partnering with the visual art department at Bonnaroo Music Festival to stage parades, interventions and variety shows
• Performing educational theater shorts to augment Shelburne Museum‘s circus collection during the annual event Circuspalooza
• Partnering with BOLDbirthVT to benefit Vermont Birth Network by directing BIRTH, a play mixing doctors, nurses, midwives and performing artists
• Teaming with Porter Music Box Museum to research and create a music box theatrical production